Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

We are having a pleasant Christmas break. The kids got some gifts, we had a relaxing Christmas at home, a great dinner with Ziza (my mom) and my dad and his wife. The day after X-mas, we drove down to Southern Illinois to visit Aunt Bob (Brian's sister, Lora) while she was at her in-laws. She is due to deliver a baby boy next month and the drive from New Jersey was pretty hard on her, so we drove down to see her, rather than meeting halfway or her coming to see us. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins for the day. Today, we woke to the kids announcing that it was snowing. I think Gareth was getting dressed to go outside before I even got out of bed. We spent most of the morning playing in the snow. Good thing we went out there right away too because it was mostly all melted after lunch. The boys have off from school the rest of the week. I finished up some sewing projects and am excited to get started on Iris' quilt. I need to get back in the swing of things regarding housework. The end of pregnancy/c-section recovery had me taking it easy.....I got a ton of laundry to fold, sort through/get rid of old kid's toys, organize some closets and craft things, among many other projects.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. We did. It felt good to keep things simple and relaxed. Below is a slideshow of pics from the last few days. I also posted some of my favorite images below.



Siblings loving each other


Iris showing off her new fashions


Brothers


cousins


Daddy horsey


SNOW day!


Iris loves the dress up clothes from her big cousins.


My lil' scientist

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Great pictures! Looks like you filled the holiday with family and memories!!!!